1. Publish feature stories rather than outdated news stories in print editions.
2. Help your readers learn about their own political views by using quizzes as sidebars.
3. Use social media sites to keep readers up-to-date on election news.
4. Publish news stories about the elections on your online site so they are accessible and current.
5. Cover local and state elections that may have more direct impact on your readers than the presidential election.
Source: Brenda Gorsuch and Ferrel Guillory
Originally published in The Rush at NCSMI 2012