North Carolina Scholastic Media Association (NCSMA) is a statewide organization and an arm of the Hussman School of Journalism and Media at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill that:
- Promotes excellence in scholastic journalism through the education of its members.
- Invites students and advisers to attend the N.C. Scholastic Media Summer Institute and any of our co-hosted fall regional workshops.
- Encourages respect for freedom of the press and promotes professional growth of journalism teachers and advisers.
- Serves scholastic journalism and works for its advancement in matters that affect journalism education in North Carolina.
As a member of the NCSMA Advisers Association, you will receive
- Two issues of The Scoop newsletter and access to NCSMA Now e-newsletter
- Opportunities for your students to enter yearly statewide contests
- Access to publication and online news critique booklets and the annual Book of Firsts as a contest participant